Positive run at the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) continued on Tuesday as the benchmark KSE-100 index gained 272 points to close at 46,013.
The index touched the day’s low of 45,692 points and the high of 46,058 points before the day’s close in the session.
Trading remained on the higher side as 282.6 million shares worth Rs12.9 billion were traded at the exchange. Besides, 166 of the 381 traded scrips advanced, 193 declined and 22 remained unchanged.
The chemicals sector dominated trading by a margin with over 58m shares traded. Of these, over 28m were of the Lotte Chemicals Ltd. Mutual funds were the biggest net buyers in the day, having bought shares worth $5.3m.
Volumes were led by:
- Lotte Chemical Pakistan Ltd: 28.4m shares traded [+3.69pc];
- K-Electric Limited: 27.8m shares traded [+1.16pc];
- Worldcall Telecom Ltd: 18.6m shares traded [-3.11pc];
- Fauji Cement Co Ltd: 15.9m shares traded [+2.64pc];
- Engro Polymer and Chemicals Ltd: 13.6m shares traded [+0.33pc].