The Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) experienced another negative session with the benchmark KSE-100 index losing 323 points to fall below the 45,500-mark.
The index opened higher and managed to touch the day’s high of 46,004 points before bearish momentum kicked in, pulling the index down to the day’s low of 45,424 points before closing at 45,479.
In all, 156 million shares worth Rs8.4 billion were traded at the exchange, with only 118 of the 367 traded scrips advancing while 231 declined and 18 remained unchanged.
Volumes were led by:
- K-Electric Limited: 11.2m shares traded [-1.41pc];
- Bank Of Punjab: 8.6m shares traded [+2.03pc];
- Fauji Cement Co Ltd: 8.4m shares traded [-0.67pc];
- Unity Foods Limited: 7.2m shares traded [+1.87pc];
- Engro Fertilisers Limited: 6.4m shares traded [+1.24pc].