The milestone comes as a fragile US-brokered ceasefire largely holds, but with both sides accusing the other of violating the terms of the deal.
In a statement, Gaza’s health ministry said the death toll from the war had risen to 70,100.
Also Read: Hezbollah open to new war with Israel
The ministry said that since the ceasefire came into effect on October 10, 354 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli fire.
Two bodies arrived at hospitals in the Gaza Strip in the past 48 hours, the ministry said, one of which had been recovered from beneath the rubble.
Amnesty says Israel ‘still committing genocide’ in Gaza, despite truce
It noted that the spike from the last death toll was due to the fact that the data relating to 299 bodies had been processed and approved by the authorities.
Despite the ceasefire, the Palestinian territory remains in a deep humanitarian crisis.
Read More: Dar dismisses reports Pakistan will join Gaza peacekeeping force to disarm Hamas
At the start of the latest ceasefire, the group were holding 20 living hostages and 28 bodies of deceased captives.
Hamas has since released all the living hostages and returned the remains of 26 dead hostages.
In exchange, Israel has released nearly 2,000 Palestinian prisoners in its custody and returned the bodies of hundreds of dead Palestinians.
Malnourished children
UNICEF warns that nearly 9,300 children under five in Gaza were diagnosed with severe acute malnutrition in October, as winter conditions worsen disease outbreaks and heighten the risk of death.
The agency says significant stocks of winter supplies remain stuck at border crossings and urges safe, rapid, and unrestricted delivery of humanitarian aid. Many displaced families continue to live in makeshift shelters without warm clothing, sanitation, or protection from cold and flooding, while sewage-contaminated waters further threaten public health.